Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Touched by an angel?

Touched by an angel?
feeling: a horrible backache
music: ben harper - morning yearning


I strained my right lower back while doing a backbend in yoga class last week, and I've spent the week wishing for a Thai massage. Or any massage for that matter, to knead out that bone-seeping ache.

The tightness was manageable, until my back cramped up on Sunday night, and rendered me into a panicking awkward mess on my bed.

I was extra mindful during class today, but the kinks don't seem to have worked themselves out. I'm feeling a bit more achey in fact. Sunil advised that I gently work through the discomfort, instead of resting completely. The latter he says will stop the pain temporarily, only to have it return the moment I start my workouts.

Something else happened during today's post-yoga meditation - I felt a hand on my thigh. I initially thought that it was Ceci telling me she had to go off halfway, but simply put, it wasn't. The touch was warm and somewhat comforting. Sunil asked if I believed in angels. I'm not sure, but perhaps I do. He explained that it was possibly yogis who had transcended this world, and that while it was uncommon, it was normal.

It all feels strangely surreal.

On a different note, check out this artsy video for Ben Harper's Morning Yearning. It's directed by Heath Ledger, who took my breath away AGAIN when I watched 10 Things I Hate About You for the umpteenth time on Saturday. I don't think I'd ever get sick of the show.

No comments: