Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sun salutations in the morning.

Sun salutations in the morning.
feeling: limber

I really tried to get up at 6:00 a.m. for the ashtanga yoga class at 7:00 a.m., but I just couldn't drag myself out of bed with less than five hours of sleep. Thankfully, I roused in time to make it for ghatasth yoga at 10.

I was the only student, so it was an hour of intense stretching, backbends and more stretching. Though a little unnerving to be supervised so closely, I think today was the best session I've had so far 'cos Sunil really pushed me. Both figuratively, and literally. Phew.

The recess break got off to a slow start on Saturday, but my days are really filling up.

Headed down to Little India pretty early with Erwin to grab some stuff for Friday. It was also kind of our trial run for the real thing next year, haha. Not many pictures for I didn't quite have the luxury of time, but check out these shots by Erwin of me getting my eyebrows threaded.


The before and during.


The during and after. See the difference?


See the man in red in the middle picture? "Are you taking my picture," he asked me. "No," I replied. Haha. Not intentionally at least.

Headed home to be with the family and for that evening's offering session, before heading out for a late bite with Shaun J.

My bus broke down along Chinatown, but I was nose-deep in my novel and blissfully oblivious until more than half the passengers had gotten off. I can't stand me too, sometimes. Stayed out late playing Freud's free association outside a sleeping mall, and it is bizarre how our conversations always involve homosexuality.

It's the CS dinner and dance at MOS tonight, which explains why I went for this morning's yoga session; picking up flowers, Indian sweets and mixers as well as dinner with the girls tomorrow; and the party on Friday. I need to find time to clean up my mess of a room. Maybe I should just cordon it off during the party. Haha.

No comments: