Saturday, September 22, 2007

Breathing space.

Breathing space.

The space to breathe and talk, without concurrently having a million other thoughts jumbled up in my mind, is a relief.

It's been a hectic week of meeting deadlines and preparing for midterms, coupled with the India exchange applications and handling "the situation". Worry, accountability, and responsibility is a potent mix. The intensity almost got to me a couple of times, but I'm proud I stuck it through.

Something Shannon said about "individualism" struck a chord. The balance between doing what you want to versus what you have to. Perhaps in my unique case, both elements were have-tos. It was a bit of a struggle reining in my thoughts.

Take today for example. Having overslept a little, I cabbed down to the Outram station to catch the train to Boon Lay, only to realize after two stops that I was headed in the wrong direction towards Pasir Ris instead. And so I hopped on the opposite train back to Outram, only to have to take a cab all the way down to NTU.

I was so frustrated with myself. There are times when my muddle-headedness amuses me, but this morning was definitely not one of those instances.

Let's hope my self-proclaimed weekend of living helps in restoring some balance.

Finally got around to placing the cake order, as well as to watching Breakfast at Tiffany's today. Audrey Hepburn played a bit of an oddball character in the film, and while I wasn't particular drawn into the script, I found myself tearing at a couple of scenes without really knowing why. Pray tell.

*I was pleasantly surprised by the number of tags following my post on TP. It's evident where many of our loyalties lie. :)

To bed. I've got a beach therapy session come morning. Ah bliss.

No comments: