Monday, August 20, 2007

Pounding pavements in chilly air.

Pounding pavements in chilly air.
feeling: wide awake at midnight
music: janet seidel - c'est si bon (it's so good)

My runs have been a little lacklustre lately, and it's hard to want to get up and out after a couple of successive uninspiring sessions. It could be the bite in the air, or John Mayer singing into my ears, or the fact that my body's just not cut out for morning runs, but I had one of my better runs this evening. Ahhh.

It's been quite a weekend - a birthday, a gathering, and yet another birthday. I almost always get my knickers in a twist when it feels like I'm not gonna have any time to myself, but I found time to have breakfast with my aunt at the cafe outside on a rainy Saturday morning, as well as to spend a bit of a time in the library reading up on yoga, ayurveda and DIY painting books. I've yet to get around to even choosing the colors for the walls. Nor to scour furniture shops for a new desk, bookcase and tv chest.

Those can wait. I've got plans to chase the blues by baking up a storm tomorrow. And I'm able to do so 'cos I've managed to switch newswriting tutorials to Wednesdays. So tomorrow'll be just a semi-killer Tuesday. 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. straight. I survived last week, so tomorrow should be easy peasy!

Off to bed, not that sleep's gonna come easy after how I concussed earlier in the afternoon, or how hard I laughed when my aunt tried to teach me how to roll my tongue for Malay. But I'll try.

No comments: