Friday, August 03, 2007

I hate to say it hasn't helped me yet.

I hate to say it hasn't helped me yet.
feeling: blue

"I gave up coffee and cigarettes
I hate to say it hasn't helped me yet
I thought my problems would just dissapate
And all my pain would be in yesterday

I poured my booze all down the kitchen drain
And watched my bad habits get flushed away
I thought that that would keep my head on straight
And all my pain would be in yesterday

But it's true, I'm still blue
But I finally know what to do
I must quit, I must quit...You"

- Michelle Featherstone - Coffee and Cigarettes

I don't know why I do half the things I do. My optimism is on hiatus, and until I can channel Little Miss Sunshine again, the moody monster's here to stay.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm ready to start school. To be carried on the wave of projects, deadlines and quizzes, and be all tired out and ready for my next adventure.

Speaking of waves, I figured the Blue Crush vcd I owned was never gonna come around back to me, and bought another just the other day. I sat down with it today, and boy was I inspired to learn to surf. I even went as far to check out the surf schools in Bali, but the time's not right, especially if I get to go on exchange next year. *Fag, how were your surfing lessons then?

Shopping around to replace my current pair of Asics has thrust me into the world of foot-speak lingo. Low arch, overpronation... the latter's apparently the main culprit for the pain in my inner arches whenever I exceed 4k. I'm no running expert, but I'm strapping my new ugly (got berated by the shopkeeper for wanting style over function) shoes for a test run tomorrow. Let's see if the money blown was worth it.

No comments: