Monday, August 27, 2007

It's that time of the week...

It's that time of the week...

When I experience the bittersweet joy of starting the school week on a Tuesday, inevitably thinking back on the weekend, and wondering how time has flown by me yet again.

And feeling slightly shocked at how much and yet how little I have accomplished.

Let's see.

I had a much needed catch-up with Flora over lunch when the rain thwarted our plans to hit the pool, and we were once again amazed at how much we had in common, 'cept that I experienced most of the things she is going through right now a year ago. It's kinda uncanny for I always thought of us having different values and moral beliefs, but perhaps humans in general are fundamentally identical?

Then it was movie night with my dearest Oh-Cynical-One. I am crossing my fingers that the chick flick we caught worked some of its magic to erase her worrying jadedness. License to Wed redeemed itself from the abyss of chick flick cliches with its witty lines, and had us snorting several unwomanly guffaws that mortifyingly reverberated through the cinema.

Next up was the morning beach run - my second practice session with Lanxi, who has turned amazingly fair over her two-week Europe break. And check out the running gear we were decked out in - we didn't plan it I swear. Even our sports bras were of the same colour, haha!



The wardrobe synergy trailed along on our run, though it was more of a bad than good thing. It could be the sweltering heat, the lack of sleep or maybe an insane loss of stamina, but we were both pretty knackered half-time into the run. We sucked it up and finished it, but it wasn't one of our better runs definitely. We must do better this week babe. It's our last before the actual thing!

Checked out Timbre with Shaun J., and I am really pretty impressed with the Goodfellas. So it wasn't quite the mellow music I was hoping (I had my fingers crossed that EIC would be playing), but the band, especially the hippie bassist leader, was super engaging. The crowd lapped it all up, and there were more than several intoxicated Caucasians dancing, with a poster that said "Get Up and Dance" to boot. Times like these I wish we didn't have such Asian inhibitions, but well, it just ain't in our blood eh?

I taught my first piano lesson this weekend as well, to two sisters who caught on pretty well for beginners. And of course, there was the impromptu margarita and nachos session with my dearest AA friend, where we tickled and befriended a very bemused waitress at Cafe Iguana with our warped sense of humor.

Granted how I had to catch up on deprived sleep and work on easing the semester's workload in between engagements, I am pooped. But happily so. Time to dig into the readings with gusto... urgh.

No comments: