Thursday, May 24, 2007

The price of independence.

The price of independence.

Yesterday's saga with the tummy bug had me thinking. I had plenty of time to do that for there was nothing else I could do lying in bed, and there's only so much a girl can sleep.

As I willed the discomfort away and prayed for sleep to take over, I started wondering how it'd be like if I were this ill while I was all alone abroad. Dreams require a bit of practicality too don't they?

Fortunately for me, apart from the occasional sore throat, I've never fallen sick whilst abroad. That said, being miles away from home can make even the tiniest of coughs feel like a lung-busting hack. What then, touch wood, would a stomach virus feel should it get to me overseas?

I sure hope I'll be lucky enough to never have to deal with something like this, but you'll never know would you? It's gonna be one heck of a recovery process, that I can be sure.

Ah. Dreams. Costs.

Ah.

No comments: