Wednesday, May 23, 2007

How it feels like to have your knees give way.

How it feels like to have your knees give way.

I hate stomach-related illnesses. What I would give to actually have the power to prevent stomach flu and food poisoning. The painful twitches. The nausea. I hate puking.

This may sound funny, but I've never had diarrhoea in my life, and while I've heard plenty about how one can be struck so bad he/she can hardly stand, I've never had any first hand experience.

The weird twitch in my tummy at seven in the morning increased in regularity, and I soon lost my diarrhoea-virgin status. That said, I don't think I had it that bad, but three times in the loo gave me a pretty good idea of the phrase 'weak in the knees'. Coupled with burning up, nausea and what felt like a rock in my stomach, I barely procrastinated a visit to the doctor.

I quite almost keeled over on the journey there and back a couple of times, but 12 hours later of groaning and fitful sleep later, I think I have pretty much regained enough strength to keep me sitting up. With a backrest of course.

So here I am, not quite fresh as a daisy, but with enough strength to start fretting about the final theory test I never got the chance to revise for today. Should I or should I not?

No comments: