Sunday, February 08, 2009

Weekends for the soul.

Weekends for the soul.

This weekend started on a good note. I caught up with Jinli, Chrystal and Waiyin over comfort nosh on Friday night, before heading over to Wai's for my mahjong initiation! Jinli claims it's her first time too, but she sure knows her way around the tiles better than I do!



Saturday's V'day dessert workshop at Whitebait & Kale. Bumped into Eileen there, which was a really nice surprise. She's a foodie. A real foodie. Really, really.



The creations: (clockwise from top left) Nutella Tart with Hazelnut Crust, Crème Fraiche & Raspberry; Orange Crepes with Rosemary Blood Orange and Chocolate Sauce; Millefeuille of Citrus Parfait & Crème Fraiche & Berries served with Candied Lemon Zest.

I really, really enjoyed the miellefeuille but I doubt I'll be trying it out any time soon, even though Chef Nabil made it seem really doable.


Popped over to Wala's for a pint with Erwin and HH after the workshop. There goes my two weeks of teetotalism! Oops?

And when I got back, my family rolled out the mahjong table for the first Khoo family mahjong game. My folks are chockful of stamina - my back was aching and my stomach was rumbling by the time we wrapped up at 2 a.m.

After my piano classes and my routine Sunday swim, I met CH for a roam around Chinatown before we headed down to get me my cross trainer. I figured investing in one would cost less than a half-year gym membership, and it would be a lot less of a hassle working out at home as well. I think S$399's a good investment for my health and my waistline, no? And just in case the guilt from all those tastings isn't enough to get me onto the machine, I've promised the sales uncle that I'll pop by around with a new silhouette! And no, I don't mean a rounder, larger one.

No comments: