Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The pain that comes from wanting too much.

The pain that comes from wanting too much.

Ooof, nothing says Monday blues like the first day of the work week after an exceedingly long weekend of festivities. And perhaps subconsciously selecting a blue top, and realizing that two writers from the next desk came dressed in similar shades. I didn't have that much time to sit around feeling blue thankfully, and nothing quite beats the feeling of looking up at the clock and realizing that knock-off time's a mere 10 minutes away.

Something happened (nothing bad or drastic) post-lunch, and I think I put myself through a very terrible 30 minutes because I wanted something so much! It was there, within grasp, yet very much out of reach. Exclaiming like crazy to the babes over MSN helped, as did burying myself in work. At the end of the day, my sunset yoga session helped put things back into perspective so life's still great, haha.

And despite the inertia, I headed down to the airport with Shannon to send Flora and Lays off to Beijing! Glad I got around to giving them double hugs to last them for the next six months, heh. I love airports, but it is a tad weird going there without an overpacked suitcase.

I can't believe it's been more than a year since we were the ones getting sent off to Ahmedabad/USA. It was a pretty zippy and rushed trip however, as I had to be back before midnight to pray to "tikong". Made it just in time, thanks to S's F1 driving skills.


I felt like Cinderella, especially in my raggedy shorts and sweater. And S is my mouse turned horseman, of course.

And now, to bed.

No comments: