Saturday, February 07, 2009

Sunshine on the happy road.

Sunshine on the happy road.

When you go to sleep happy, and dream about feeling happy, you wake feeling like you haven't slept at all.

The sun was up and shining by the time I finally roused from sleep at 10, so I slapped on the sunblock, slipped my pony tail through a cap, plugged in my iPod, and set off for a walk up Mount Faber.

Easy mornings with myself are a rarity now that I'm working, so I thoroughly relished that one hour with myself. It was a good way to work out the kinks from sitting at a desk, and to expand some of the calories from the past two days of "working' lunches.

I took the "Memory" route on my descent, and the ominous feeling I experienced during my last walk was absent. Sun rays broke through the heavy canopy, and I didn't have the urge to look over my shoulder every couple of seconds. Perhaps it is time to rename the route "Bygones"?

Anyway, this is just a quick post-brunch entry before I shower and pop out to meet Ran for a V'day dessert-making class at Whitebait & Kale. But before that, we've got a date with HP the piercer. I think I've snagged my belly piercing one too many times, and it's starting to look very sore...

No comments: