Thursday, November 08, 2007

Lazy nights and lazier mornings.

Lazy nights and lazier mornings.



Dinner was a late and leisurely affair at a bistro that reminded us of the one in No Reservations. We sat at the counter, and browsed cookbooks of every imaginable cuisine between courses. In short, this bistro blurred the mutually exclusive categories of good food and unpretentious surroundings these days.

I've often wondered, when reading one of Wong Ah Yoke's food reviews in Life!, what he meant when he said that he could taste the freshness of the flavors, or that the freshness of the ingredients were not masked.

Well, I finally know.

The prawn caesar salad was refreshingly light and the sprinkling of grated parmesan added just enough richness. The tuna and mango sandwich had a unique undertone that set it apart from other off-the-counter tuna sandwiches. The sticky date pudding was out of this world. And the sprinkling of blueberries that came with the pudding.... wait a minute, I think this was my first time eating fresh blueberries and not frozen ones.

There's nothing like a satisfying yoga session and an enjoyable dinner to usher in the early weekend (even one of mind-numbing studying) I think.

There were only three of us in class, and the personalised attention meant that we could tackle a variety of more challenging poses. I lost count of the number of headstands and handstands we attempted, but it was one heck of a workout. Phew.

The family's made the impromptu decision to walk outside for breakfast bright and early tomorrow. I'll subject myself to coffee.. and leave the stomach space for brunch at Cedele with Ceci. We've waited far too many weeks for the pancakes.

All the cookbooks have rekindled the dormant domestic goddess in me. Be gone exams, so I can start entertaining!


I think this was New Year's Eve... 2004? Or was it 2003?

No comments: