Monday, November 19, 2007

The faux domestic goddess.

The faux domestic goddess.



Improved a little on the presentation of the melt-in-the-mouth kisses yesterday, and they went down really well with the family. Looks a little like mini cream puffs eh? And Christmas is drawing near, so no harm in a little recipe testing.

I know it's the last thing I should be doing on a Sunday before an exam, but it's an open-book format.

One of my girls (they're twins) cried during piano yesterday. She was really disappointed I suppose, having just showed me her Star Award (this primary school result-related trophy), only to make several mistakes in the theory revision test.

It made me think how getting 100 marks means the world to a seven year old. I probably would have had the same reaction when I was her age, but as I sat there stroking her hair and wiping her tears, I thought about how inconsequential marks are when placed beside other more realistic problems. Such is the difference in perspectives between the world of the naive child and that of a jaded new adult.

Older and wiser, or older and wearier? You decide.

No comments: