Sunday, November 04, 2007

Caution, hump ahead.

Caution, hump ahead.
music: athelete - lucy in the sky with diamonds cover



I lost my spectacles last Sunday. Thought I dropped it at the Sunfest tent, but the organizers haven't been able to find it. I'd been optimistic in thinking it'd turn up sometime soon, like how I've lost and found my wooden ring umpteen times, and I've thus spent this whole week in a state of semi-clarity. That didn't actually hit me until I was in the cinema to catch Stardust earlier in the night, and I realized how the details were a little fuzzy. Kinda explains the on-off headaches this week I suppose.

Watching Turn Left Turn Right last night got me thinking about my primary school crush, Yeo Gin Kiat. He was my senior in the English Club, and I remember noticing him after my friend and I were made to share a two-person carriage with him in Asian Village's Mystery Mine ride. My only memories of him now are of long limbs and "curry pok" hair, but boy, I think I crushed on him for a good two and half years - nearly a lifetime when you're in primary four! Do you still remember your primary school crush?

Anyway, here's a little something I wrote during one of Neil Humphrey's travel workshops last week. Figured I'd better immortalise it here before I misplace that scrap piece of foolscap.

Many mourned the loss of the loved ones they lost in the Bali bombings, but Mr. X mourned the fact that his wife survived. Chatty and downright charming, it is hard to peg the 45-year-old gentleman as an evil husband who wishes his wife dead.

"We were having dinner when all of a sudden, there was this deafening explosion and chaos immediately after," he recounted. his smiling face darkening with memories.

"She died," he said, almost a matter of factly.

"Your wife?" I asked.

"No, my lover!" he countered, seemingly shocked by my assumption. "I wish she did though. I can't divorce her without having her sue me for every cent I'm worth."

"Life would be perfect now if she were dead. I should have taken her out to dinner instead," he mused.

Good night world.

No comments: