Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Five weeks left at home.

Five weeks left at home.

The worst of the papers are over, and I'm left to sit for my Malay Language exam exactly a week from now. I've s/u-ed the subject (for the uninitiated, it's an option to not have the grade be included in my grade point average), so there's little stress there.

So technically... the holidays have started. It feels a little surreal I guess. This time each year, I'd be busy trip-planning for my short getaways, as well as baking, shopping and doing all things festive.

Well, the festivity's still in the air, and the holiday dinners are on as planned, but I'm not jetting away for a week this time around, but a good five to six months. That makes approximately 20 to 24 weeks.

Trip planning in India should be a project-based exam in itself. There are so many things I'd like to see, but the names of the cities and the options are baffling and infinite. Two afternoons of research, and I've finally gotten a vague gist of how India's topology. Phew.

Five weeks left in Singapore, and it kinda feels like time is running out with the million and one things I want and have lined up to do.

Events and meet-ups
  • Fagan's OCS Social Night
  • FOC handover barbeque
  • Meet-up with Jane, Marc and Fag
  • Meet-up with Kar Ern
  • Meet-up with CPM babes
  • Christmas movie tradition with Justin and YH
  • Shopping with bitch
  • Fagan's birthday chalet
  • "Farewell" (?)
  • Christmas dinner with the girls
  • Christmas dinner with Spottiswoode gang
The must-dos
  • Study for Malay (hah, like I can run away from that)
  • Apply for student Visa
  • Go for medical checkup
  • See family doc for pills to take abroad
  • Pay for air ticket
  • Pack luggage
  • Meet up with Erwin's friend to India advice
  • Meet up with uncle's friends for India advice (?)
The fun to-dos
  • Shop for Christmas presents
  • Finish up yoga package
  • Shop for tees and, to quote my well-meaning friends, "something less revealing"
  • Bake
  • Cook
Life took a teeny strain earlier on in the week, but normality's seeping back. I got to talk and finally tell my bitch about the happenings, and I met up with my poly girlfriend Jane as well.

It felt like the good old times, sitting down in chilly Ikea and talking about nothing and everything. I was reminded of the time we sprawled on the TP library couches, talked, and fell asleep or something, in the middle of a school day! Haha. Do you have any recollection of that woman??

But it was a good session, one where we kinda unloaded our burdens on each other. It's different I guess, friendships that start from your teens. We're kinda watchig each other grow up, yet at the same time holding on to the fact that we haven't really changed at all. :)



And I got up to a spot of baking earlier this afternoon. They're oatmeal raisin cookies (can't quite see the raisins here), but surprisingly crunchy and light. Am gonna pass some to Ceci, and I'll see if the boys are at home.

Time to hit the showers and head for yoga.

No comments: