Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Moving so fast, going nowhere.

Moving so fast, going nowhere.

Well, I've got my placement in FASS in NUS. Kinda makes me wonder why I spent three years pursuing my Hospitality diploma instead of pulling my hair out attempting Mathematics Intended For Geniuses in a JC. Hah! The answer's obvious ain't it.

I miss TP so much. Never once in my entire three year school life have I ever complained about the distance or the long bus rides that take me to school and back day after day. (Then again, maybe once or twice when I had to be up before those pesky school kids for Saffron...) Funny why I am using the distance from my place to NTU as an excuse then. Truth is, I'm not so sure about what I want anymore. I wonder where the passion that drove me to get my place in Hospitality three years ago went. Out of the window and far far away.

So I'll be going to school in August, though I don't know where school is yet. I thought receiving a placement would provide me with some direction in life but no, I don't feel anymore anchored than I was before I ripped open the acceptance letter.

Packed schedules and being constantly busy has become a part of me over the past three years. Time out for pure fun and relaxation were then a luxury. Funny how the tables turn when I am now relaxed 24/7. Kinda takes the fun out of it.
It's barely over a month but this extended vacation seems like forever. I kinda expect poly classes to start in a couple of weeks. To my delusional mind, my last semester in poly never happened. I'm desperate to do something apart from living my days like a lady-of-leisure, like I've been doing ever since 21 February. While I'm eternally grateful to my dad for letting me live off him, I'm not comfortable doing so. Then again, I don't want to jump into the first job opening available, even if it is only for the next three months. I want that writing internship damn it.

Six minutes till the American Idol rerun starts on Starworld. Will you believe me if I told you I half ran-half briskwalked my way back from the bus-stop to catch the live broadcast, only to miss the first three contestants? Here's where having cable comes in real handy. Hah! Off to snuggle on the couch with the show's next biggest fan after me - my dad. Four minutes to go. My other rambling thoughts will have to wait.

No comments: