Friday, September 16, 2005

Love knows no boundaries

Love knows no boundaries

Spending an afternoon away from work was a much desired indulgence and an hour in the sun made all the difference. I've really missed the beach - the lulling tune of the waves lapping against the shore, the salt-tinged sea breeze, the heat from the brilliant sun... even the grains of sand sticking to my lotioned skin.


After that intriguing conversation we had the other night, Jason and I seem to be communicating on a deeper level as compared to before. I'm further intrigued.


Headed down to the Nokia Starlight Cinema over at Padang in the night to catch A Lot Like Love. The event wasn't held at Fort Canning like it was last year, but the atmosphere was great nonetheless. Anyone watched The Wedding Planner starring J Lo? There were two scenes showing her watching an outdoor black&white movie and yesterday's setting was almost like it!


Apart from the romantic flick playing on screen, it was great to see the many couples cuddled up on their mats. I said to Jason, "I feel so happy to be in the presence of love." A bit cheesy maybe, but totally true.


There was a lesbian couple in front of us, a gay couple to Jason's right and a couple intent on PDA (public display of affection) behind us. I was really touched to be in the presence of the homosexual couples actually, for I bet it took them a hell lot of courage to be present at an event where heterosexual couples were the majority.


Love definitely knows no boundaries, and I toast to that.

No comments: