Saturday, August 27, 2005

Where Did I Leave My Mind?

Where Did I Leave My Mind?

Ask me to describe how work is in one word and I'll probably say "crazy", "mad", "hectic", "dying" or something with similar meaning. Preparations for a trade update party (this coming Tuesday) and the Singapore Open (7-11 September) are simultaneously ongoing, and I am involved in both. It's CRAZY really, trying to juggle my responsibilities between the two, when all I'd really like to do is to focus on the update party.

I dive straight into work upon reaching the office, and I barely have time throughout the day to fill my mug and visit the loo. Gone are the days when I checked my mail every ten seconds, praying for something to do - I am almost scared to check my email these days. The "check mail" button usually brings on a load of media requests and tasks. I feel so torn between the MILLION of tasks I have to see to, and prioritising isn't as easy as it seems. I can't wait for the update party on Tuesday to be over. It'll be a whole load off my back.

It's a little hard to keep light-hearted these days, and I am always in awe when I see how my colleagues can actually be pleasant amidst all this chaos. There's always something to learn everyday, and one thing I will definitely benefit from learning would be to keep my cool. It really ain't easy baby, but I'll try.

Enough with griping about work. I made a pasta salad for my colleagues on Tuesday, and what surprised me was that they took it upon themselves to make it into a mini-potluck in the pantry!Pat brought seaweed chicken, and Joyce brought juice. Ah. Everybody needs a little break from our hectic workload. Nothing beats having a wholesome lunch together. :)

Caught up with Marc over Mos Burger and Gelare waffles on Tuesday night, and it sure felt good to be doing/thinking of something other than work.

I attended my first yoga lesson by the "calm waters" (sorry can't help it, haha) of the ferry terminal on Wednesday evening, and guess who I saw? Mr Ram Prakash, haha! First jogging, now yoga - he's one fit-conscious lecturer. Well, I thought the first lesson was kinda boring, but the ambience was really good - doing yoga whilst the sun set. Oommmmm.

Met up with my bitch (finally) at Chinatown yesterday after work where we spent a good part of the night searching for an ethnic top (I need it for Tuesday's event). After I finally settled on this batik thingy that I think I would actually wear after the event, we sat down to what we hoped would be a good bowl of piping hot noodles, only to be sorely disappointed. Ah well. Calmed our souls with real yummy ah-balling over at the Smith Street mei shi jie. It was sooooo good to just see her and catch up over lotsa giggling, swear words and weird picture takings. Haha!

You know what's real funny? Yesterday was our (Jason and mine) second year anniversary and I spent it with my dear dear friend. NS NS... ah well, at least he got to book out today. Better a day late than two. =)

No comments: