Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Way of the Witch

Fields of Gold

It's been awhile since I last blogged from a place outside the office. My home desktop needs a seriously good trashing (it functions like it already had one), haha! I'm fully enjoying the perks of Jason's proper functioning desktop while he packs for his field camp after this long bookout. I'm going to fully enjoy the next three hours before the army claims him for 1.5 weeks.

We spent the weekend properly dating, away from the constraints of NS time, and it was refreshingly nice, though it took us both a bit of getting used to after the past couple of hurried weekends. Apart from exploring book havens, shopping and catching movies, what I enjoyed most was our old routine of having takeaway and watching a vcd. What I find most surprising about myself is my newly-tamed temper - not as fiesty as I used to be pre-NS. Can't say the same about me at work though, haha.

PR requires the skill of manipulation, and though I am no master, 2.5 months of work experience has definitely changed me a little. Whatever it takes to survive eh? I happened to listen to myself (the best way I can describe) answering a media query on the phone, and boy, do I sound bitchy! Haha.

I remember a conversation I had with Boon How sometime last week, where he told me of the difference between a part-timer and an intern. The former does routine jobs for the pay, but the latter forgoes the pay for enrichment. I think I just experienced what he was talking about.
I think I am a relatively nice person, but just because I am obliging doesn't mean I am dumb to not see when I am being manipulated. I was a little upset because I initially thought this person was genuinely nice, but at least, now I know better. I definitely won't be so keen to help the next time around - assertiveness comes in here.

That was the only low point actually. Everything's been pretty peachy. :) Off I go.

No comments: