Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Aussie Diaries - Sydney Day 5

The Aussie Diaries - Sydney Day 5


It was a rainy Saturday and even though we got off a good kilometre away from the right stop, we still made it to breakfast at Bill's in Woollahra.



Yes, we were there for a taste of the legendary scrambled eggs...


Keeping ourselves well entertained as we waited for our food.


Ricotta hotcakes - good, but Circa still rocked my socks.


Sweet corn fritters.


THE scrambled eggs - good, but a tad overrated as we'd been earlier warned. Oh well, been there, done that!


The rain hadn't eased by the time we left Bill's to head to the Paddington markets and a sales assistant at one of the boutiques we popped into even said, "Great day for shopping huh?" followed by a very sympathetic smile. Ah well, the weather just wasn't on our side in Sydney.



I left with a bag for work and ALOT of awesome chocolates.


BFF. That's us after signing a good portion of our lives away at Aesop.


Met up with Karen for tapas and sangria at the nearby Miro. Our hotel was right smack in the Korean quarter, but also only a short stroll away from a good selection of Spanish restaurants. Yum. I don't think I can ever have tapas without having chorizo. Spanish lap cheong. ;)


After a quick look around Surrey Hills, where I got to see Kylie Kwong's "Billy Kwong" restaurant, we hopped on a cab to Karen's 'hood - the super happening Newtown. All the tapas had conjured up an inexplicable craving for frozen yoghurt, but the gelato from this quaint ice-cream shop solved that pretty quickly.


I can't remember what I had, but it was good and the tables were really pretty.


The super, super nice Karen jiejie.


I look the same but can you see a hint of exasperation on her face? Mich and I were driving her nuts with our nonsense. ;)


"I am the Indian and you are the coconut tree."

No comments: