Monday, June 14, 2010

The Aussie Diaries - Sydney Day 2

The Aussie Diaries - Sydney Day 2


It was yet another early start, this time for a two-hour train ride up to the Blue Mountains.


Katoomba, the biggest town in the Blue Mountains. It's like one of the towns from a Nora Roberts novel. Too pretty!



The gorgeous colours of the autumn foliage.



Kurrara Guesthouse - home for the night!


They've got a bear on each bed, which I love but bitch hates.



Lunch stop at The Parakeet Cafe, a new-agey type place where I imagine the local hippies would work.


That cup of chocolate may look harmless but it was the THICKEST hot chocolate we've ever had. In fact, it soon solidified into a pudding in the cold mountain air.




Walking off the hot chocolate at Echo Point...





And then stopping for a pick-me-up at the Blue Mountain Chocolate Company. I was all chocolated-out by then and unable to stomach more than a few stolen buttons from Ceci.


Wintry sunshine, nice.


Back in our room, bitch attempts to kill baby bear...


While I try my luck at silencing Ceci.




The town was dark and we weren't hungry, so we had a pizza and a bottle of local wine ("A Cheeky Little White", how cute is the name!) to go.
Pizza + wine + TV = my idea of a girls' night in.

No comments: