Monday, June 14, 2010

The Aussie Diaries - Melbourne Days 6 & 7

The Aussie Diaries - Melbourne Days 6 & 7


An early breakfast at Pancake Parlour, an Australian restaurant chain.


I ordered this only because I wanted to taste boysenberries. Nothing fantastic.


Second breakfast at Cumulus Inc. Looking at the menu made me wish I hadn't bothered with the dismal pancakes from before but the 30-minute brisk walk uphill somehow didn't whet my appetite. I know, sometimes I think I can eat an entire cow when I can actually only eat a fillet mignon.


The lemon curd madeleines, while praised to the high heavens in reviews, didn't blow my mind. Maybe the eggs benedict would have...


The rest of the day was spent shopping at Docklands, so no pictures! Here's the city circle tram taking us back to the CBD for our next foodie stop.


A mojito at Mamasita - my answer to wine overdose.


Despite the tedious packing, we woke up bright and early the next day for one last breakfast hurrah in Melbourne. A tad unexciting I know, but I really wanted a smoked salmon rye sandwich that morning.


Gorgeous ain't it?


All wrapped up and snug this time.


This reminds me of the florist in Imagine Me And You.


One of the many things I read about but never got around to seeing for myself.


Sharing a Nando's lunch at the airport after we'd made it through check-in with minimal excess baggage damage to our wallet. Onwards to Sydney!

No comments: