Monday, May 10, 2010

Suddenly, once more.

Suddenly, once more.




















It doesn't feel that long ago that C and I were sitting in BK or T&T, backs hunched and brows furrowed as we pored over travel sites and guidebooks. In fact, it doesn't feel that long ago that we were taking our last dip in our freezing hotel pool before toasting to our last night in Bali with a can of Bintang. That was in December 2008 - funny how time flies!

We probably made the unlikeliest of friends when we met at work yonks ago - who knew we would turn out to be such close mates (come on I'm going to Aussie... gotta use the lingo!) and travel buddies? We've gotten ourselves into some crazy antics over the years - watching our guide wear nothing but a towel because he couldn't resist going snorkeling and later letting him drive us to scope out Bintan's top makeout spot; getting SO lost and SO cranky a cab driver in Bangkok that we had to get off in the middle of nowhere, and this has got to top the cake - becoming honorary members of the band at a Langkawi beach bar and causing other tourists to mistake it as open mic night. I can't imagine what we would have gotten up to if she'd come visit me in India and Paris!

Well, after all the planning, and wishing and hoping that we would get our hurdles out of the way, we're finally barely two days from Australia. "WOOHOO day" as she calls it, though I think that sounds slightly dirty. It's been a trip we've been talking about forever - I couldn't make it there for her convocation last year as I had to work, so this is somewhat overdue I reckon. Just the reason we need to throw caution to the wind (read: credit card limits) and chomp our way through the land down under.

We're going to come back SO broke and SO chubby, but I'm psyched! It's been too long since I got on a plane!

No comments: