Monday, May 03, 2010

Breathe.

Breathe.

Well, hello. It's a languid Monday evening and I'm seated at my makeshift workstation in the living room feeling a little odd at the lack of pressing work to do. It's been awhile since I've had the time and space to do something frivolous (like blogging, haha) without feeling guilty about neglecting pressing deadlines.

The past week has been just short of insane - I've condensed a month's worth of article deadlines into two weeks, just so I can fully abandon my workaholic alter-ego and enjoy a worry-free Aussie trip. Food and travel writing is the bomb, cross my heart, but it really isn't as trivial or easy as people think it is. Yes, it may not be as hardcore as politics but it sure isn't a walk in the park either. So here I've been running at full-speed for the past few weeks for my rights to a leisure stroll among foreign greenery (or wineries...).

I'm really excited about the trip by the way - it's been awhile since C and I took a trip together (Hanoi doesn't count) and what really rocks is that we have a food plan for this two-week trip. I don't care much for memorials and museums, and I'm glad my travel buddy gives priority to her stomach over cultural improvement. And the icing on the cake? My best friend M will be joining us for the Sydney leg - it's been even longer since our virgin trip to Bintan, which doesn't quite count if you factor in its proximity to our shores. So what I get is a food-oriented trip to a country I've been wanting to visit with my two best girlfriends!

Alright, breathing break's over. Over and out.

No comments: