Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Running in the rain.

Running in the rain.

The thought of running in the stifling afternoon heat was unbearable after all those afternoon beach runs, so I set about clearing up some work while waiting for a long run in the cool evening.

Fast forward a couple of hours and I awoke from my 20-minute nap (I know, it's becoming a hard habit to break) to overcast skies peppered with evening sun rays. That jolted me out of bed, and I was changed and out of the house in ten minutes. Unfortunately, the occasional raindrop on my first round evolved into a full-blown storm when I was halfway through my third. So I pretty much sprinted my way through, and returned home drenched and sweaty.

Not that I minded the experience. Dashing through the veil of rain was liberating, to say the least, but I would have appreciated a longer run though.

On a separate note, it looks like Marine would be coming down from France sometime at the end of the year!

No comments: