Sunday, October 05, 2008

22 and nowhere near knowing.

22 and nowhere near knowing.
music: the sundays - when I'm thinking about you

Tonight's dinner with my bitch will mark the end of the birthday celebrations, not that they were anything grand to begin with. Just a couple of quiet dinners, drinks and one heck of a rowdy Monopoly game.





My Saturday with the Spottiswoode gang (plus honorary members).



A couple of prize shots from the afternoon of games.

Growing older seems to be time's way of urging us forward in this game of life; an incentive to let go of the old to embrace the new. But while age used to be a bargaining chip while we were younger, ("I'm 18 and old enough to stay out past midnight!"), there comes a time where it is nothing but an inconsequential number.

Despite the years passed and the new experiences lived, some pasts just have a way of catching up, and catching you off guard. When I don't even know where I'll live or what I'll do, it is extremely sobering to see a particular of yesterday the one constant reflected amid the uncertainties that abound.

Is wanderlust a solitary adventure, or will there come a day where we'll throw in the towel and decide we've seen enough on our own? Que sera, sera.

No comments: