Thursday, February 28, 2008

"No medicine cures what happiness cannot."

"No medicine cures what happiness cannot."

When we were first deciding on the list of modules we were to take, I was adamant that I was not going to take any CCC classes. I didn't think of advertising as my cup of tea, and my plans to go to Goa preceded everything else.

By some strange twist of fate three weeks ago, I found myself in the Transcreativity workshop. In the midst of "channelizing" all the creativity; Goa travel plans and our ideas for the "leave MICA early" revolution faded away.

It could be the unstructured lessons, and how learning theories are embedded in activities like flying paper aeroplanes and playing Pepsi-Cola-1-2-3.

It could be the exercises and assignments that I actually enjoy doing and slogging over. It wasn't until I looked at my watch earlier that I realized I'd spent almost six hours in the CCC lab using Photoshop and working on the script for my ad for tomorrow's presentation. Working on ads doesn't give me the adrenaline rush working on a piece of writing does, but the creative exercises we've been doing in class come pretty close.

But most of all, it could be the CCC students. Perhaps I haven't known them long enough to be an accurate judge of their characters, but in the weeks I've spent in their company, I am constantly amazed by their unpretentiousness and what I like to believe is intrinsic goodness.

For the first time since my first week in India, I feel genuine contentment and exuberance, and so much happiness bubbling over. I am a ray of sunshine again.

Meanwhile, here are the snaps Himanshu, Rishit and I took for our assignment - to take photos representing certain key words - yesterday.


Hierarchy.


Khallas, which means ultimate in Hindi.


Solitude. That's Himanshu, haha.


Contrast.


Masti, which means fun.


This was also a shot for masti, but we had to make an ad and this was what I came up with. Not fantastic, but I'm still learning. :)

No comments: