Thursday, February 14, 2008

Creative soul-searching.

Creative soul-searching.


taken from stumbleupon

In times of retrospect as such, I feel almost overwhelmed by the sheer amount of experiences I have had during the lull in blogging.

I know I have had nothing but cynicism and pessimism for the modules I take here at MICA, but the Transcreativity workshop we attended really blew me away.

The workshop was a potpourri of segments designed to make us step out of our comfort zones. I don't know about the others, but it was one hell of a liberating experience for me. I:
  • watched and learnt the basic footwork for a traditional Indian dance
  • watched a magic show and got some insider tricks
  • had a session of karate in the sun and broke a brick tile (an awesomely empowering act I never thought I'd do)
  • had a whale of a time acting and unleashing the drama-mama in me
  • listened to the significance of dreams (not quite convinced but interesting nonetheless)
  • had a spot-on palm reading session
  • watched a puppet show and broke into an impromptu dance with the young puppeteer and my workshop mates
  • did coloring with color pencils (very primary schoolish but very therapeutic, even for a non-artist like myself)
  • attempted being hypnotized
  • tried my hand at pottery
  • was serenaded to in front of the class, as part of one of the guy's assignments
  • hugged and branded everybody with colored-powder-palms
  • spent the best six days of my life in MICA in the company of the nicest people I've met here so far
I'm humbled.

No comments: