Friday, February 15, 2008

Candy hearts may feed the ego, and still you feed my soul.

Candy hearts may feed the ego, and still you feed my soul.


picture from inmagine.com

There was barely any anticipation in the air. In a place like MICA where time loses all meaning, Valentine's Day was almost just another day. That was until we decided to crash the CCC class our newfound friends were in, and were asked to partake in the assignment to write a Valentine's Day message. Here's what I came up with, though I must confess that a good part of it was already written some time ago. What I essentially did was a bit of tweaking and deleting.

Growing Old

Your rock-hard abs will soften
As you develop a beer belly
The pounds will start piling
And my thighs will turn all wobbly

Hair will lose its lustre
And fade from black to grey
Visions and memories will start to blur
And joints will start to ache

Our teeth will start to weaken
Our jaws will start to slack
We'll have to use our dentures
To eat our favourite snack

Even if you look a wrinkled prune
My love for you won't waver
For people say that love is blind
And beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

And by looking into your crinkly eyes
I know I'll see the innermost
The years will start to fade away
To reveal the soul I love

So this is a poem to preserve our love
For when our memories get lost to time
This is a poem for you my love
My dearest valentine.

The last five hours of my Valentine's Day here in India was spent whacking shuttlecocks around in the badminton courts. Unromantic, but one heck of a workout. And because of that, I am now walking around like a limping duck.

Happy belated Valentine's Day everybody. :)

No comments: