Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tropical holiday cheer.

Tropical holiday cheer.

I can't believe Christmas is just 3 days away! I used to be big on this holiday - I even had a yearly Marks & Spencers Christmas advent calendar to begin the 25-day countdown. (Yes, it was also an excuse for a chocolate a day.)

However, my Christmas spirit has become increasingly elusive in recent years. I no longer put up a Christmas tree, nor do I go around the shops humming along to the carols. If my life were a Hallmark movie, Santa would prolly shimmy down my chimney in an effort to make me believe in him, and the magic of the holidays all over again.

Then again, who needs Santa when I get Christmas e-cards from Bali? Nothing quite like a little tropical holiday cheer to put a smile on my face, though I gotta admit that those e-cards made me want to get on the next plane to the island. But it's not time yet. I'm spending the holidays in Bangkok, along with what seems like a quarter of my social circle. I suppose nanny is right about Bangkok being the favorite holiday destination of Singaporeans.

So I'm off for some Thai cooking, some ancient ruins, daily back rubs and a whole lot of shopping and feasting. Happy holidays everybody!

No comments: