Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sun kisses.

Sun kisses.
feeling: cold

Curling under three blankets, I drifted in and out of sleep amidst the intermittent cheers from the cricket match on the field downstairs. As the late afternoon light warmed and dimmed, and day gave way to dusk, dreams flitted in and out of my drowsy mind.

Earlier on, I'd stripped down to my tank to sit on the balcony in the sun. After almost a month spent wrapped up in layers and sleeves, the feel of its rays on my bare shoulders felt like silk. I've been feeling a little like a displaced girl of the tropics, especially on days when the cold gets a tad unbearable.

Maybe the combination of harsh heat and cold breeze pushed me over the edge of health. Ambitious I was, thinking I could cheat Lady Luck and not fall sick at all on foreign land. Thankfully, there are no classes to attend for the next three days, so I've got that time to recuperate.

Hopefully I'll be well enough to get up for morning yoga early tomorrow, and maybe kebabs with the gang. Hopefully I do not puke out my instant-mee dinner. For now, more snuggling under the blankets.

*I am feeling strangely comforted that CH is missing his Chinese New Year style consultant.
**I am also feeling touched that HM, who upon hearing I was having Maggie mee, offered to send me a box of rice, bread and instant porridge. We've established that I could get those in the supermarket, and he's sending over bak gwa and pineapple tarts instead. Yay.

No comments: