Sunday, November 27, 2005

Empty Paradise.

Empty Paradise.

This entry is a post too late, but I'm back, safe and sound in good old Singapore. Dubai was as un-fantastic as I'd expected - (in Joe's words) an "empty paradise" of sorts. To put it simply, like someone in the gang said, "Well Leigh, at least you can say you've visited a land without an identity."

Do note however that my opinions are strictly, mine. I do know of mates who thoroughly enjoyed the trip and begged to stay on in the city and never return. To each his own.

There were definitely some highlights though, like the desert safari (with the exhilirating sand dune ride) on our first night, as well as the last day where us four girls took off to explore the city on our own, using the public transport to boot. That sure was an eye-opener, and we did manage to sink in a teeny weeny bit of the culture.

Whatever it is, I'm happy to be home.

--

Life is always a flurry of activities for me, and I always find myself rushing off to one place or another. The older I get, the less I share. Most friendships or conversations I have these days are mostly superficial, touch-and-go, and that is why I am always appreciative of in-depth heart-to-hearts. It feels nice to connect with someone, you know?

It slipped my mind to let my bitch know that I'd touched down yesterday, but she called this morning nonetheless to check on me, and that short ten minute phone conversation (crammed with tons of updates) we had started my day off right. We may both be terrible at keeping friendships, but we always find a way to keep each other at the back of our minds, and that's what I dig about this fantastic connection we share.

I've always believed in the importance of laughter in a relationship. Today was one of the best dates I've had because there was great conversation, and a lot of shared laughter. Nice.

Just got off the phone with Fagan, and I enjoyed the talk we had.. My mind was more active than it had been in weeks, even though it's almost 3 in the morning. Shutting off now though, haha. Gonna check out some organic cafe for lunch tomorrow. Mmm. Sounds extremely good to me. Night world.

No comments: