Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hello again, Bob.


I've been a Bob Blumer fan ever since I saw him on telly; a crazy-haired cook driving around in his Toastermobile, cooking up the most amazing dishes for the most colourful characters. I first saw him in the flesh two years ago at a World Gourmet Summit dinner (where he made us churn our own butter), and I had the good fortune to meet him again on Saturday, this time around at the Starhub Hubalicious Food Festival.

I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Saturday evening – the wine was flowing, our table mates were nicely rowdy and amazing oyster shuckers (more on that later), and I got to bring my fellow fan girl with me. Oh yes, and we got to eat some pretty amazing food.

In typical Bob style, we had to work for our first course. Oyster shucker, I am so not!

Thank goodness for the friendly, experienced shuckers at our table!
Credit's far from mine, but I'm not complaining!
Lobster bisque
Stinging nettle ravioli – tastes like spinach!
Dessert for mains. Salmon cupcake – salmon fishcake with a beet-coloured mash icing
And breakfast for dessert. White chocolate "egg whites" with a passionfruit sorbet "yolk".
In 2009, with Ken
2011, with Ceci. Why does it look like I'm the only one who aged???

No comments: