Saturday, March 20, 2010

Epicurean musings.

Epicurean musings.

Hello Saturday. :) The rainy day's got me feeling lazier than I already am, but I'm really excited about two things so that's sprung me out of bed at a respectable 10 a.m.

#1: I signed away my gut and freedom yesterday evening with a big smile. That officially puts a damper on my grand plans to really bum around before joining the corporate zombie but well, writing is a tad more artistic than corporate isn't it? And I get to wear jeans and flats everyday.

So now that I've taken the first step to my brilliant (I hope!) career, it's back to the basics of building my food knowledge. Food is universal and while many of you may not have made food writing your livelihood, I am quite certain you all have an opinion about what you eat, what's good and what's not. I have mine as well and I have over the past few days been preparing an avenue for my epicurean musings. Which leads me to the second thing.

#2: http://www.lickthyspoon.blogspot.com
Not another food blog, you must be thinking. Well, I hope not! Yes, some entries will inevitably be about where to eat (though I will try not to do one-off reviews but instead group them into sort of mood foods), and then there will be recipes of the food my guests have eaten and lived through. Now this is rare gold for I am not one of the most talented people in the kitchen, so the tried-and-tested recipes are basically idiot proof. Lastly (I'm really excited this part), there will be food musings that I can't quite categorize. It can be about my fumbled learning about wines, my thoughts on Food Inc. and fast food crap, or something interesting I learned. And this is where you come in.

I find it a little disconcerting sometimes when people make references to my blog because I didn't know they read it. Lurking's not a bad thing (I do that all the time) but I do have a tiny request for Lick Thy Spoon. Click on the "Follow" tab on its sidebar, even if I don't know you personally. I'm not aiming to build a community of 100 people here, I just want to know if the food blog is a worthwhile venture. Most of all, it's not just about living vicariously through my gut. I will probably sound like an idiot sometimes and I honestly think you can teach me something. Correct me, share your experiences or yes, even call me a fool.

So click on there, and let me know what you think about it. Happy weekend. :)

No comments: