Thursday, September 24, 2009

Inspiration.

Inspiration.


image from inmagine.com

Okay I'll admit it - I haven't been exactly thrilled about Hanoi as I usually am for my other trips, what with the untimely dates, forecasted sweltering weather and a seemingly odd mix of people. The control freak in me is slightly jittery at having to go about the whims and fancies of 12 other people, but then I am reminded that it is a travel writing module and not a holiday I'm going on.

So while home trying to shake off the slightly drunk stupor from the farewell lunch with the W&D peeps, I got around to reading the blog of a Hanoi expat I would be meeting when I'm in the city next week. In short, he packed up his bags and left a comfortable life behind to volunteer halfway around the globe, and the way he waxes lyrical about Hanoi reminds me so much of that intangible gut-squeezing love I have for Bali. I'm inspired, and honestly quite excited about seeing Hanoi through his eyes.

That has lifted up my veil of apprehension about Hanoi. Let's hope autumn comes early. :)

No comments: