Friday, July 24, 2009

Sleepier than the city.

Sleepier than the city.

I thought I've seen the city often enough in movies and drama serials and I thought my slipshod Cantonese would be sufficient to get me by, but I still feel a tad overwhelmed in Hong Kong. I admit I'm kinda ill-equipped when it comes to urban holidays that do not involve lazing in the sun with the sand between my toes, but there is so much to see and so much life bustling about the aged streets that I still don't quite know to begin.

It's just as well Jins and Pinkie are here to take P and I around. We had a taste of local life early this morning when we yum cha-ed with Jins at a local joint, and later in the afternoon while squeezing with the crowds at Argyle Centre (Hong Kong's equivalent of Far East Plaza). We're just back from what Jin and P claim to be the best beef brisket, and I'm quite ready for bed after a night of ab-aching laughter over Yung Kee's famed roast goose, magaritas and Kamikaze shots with Pinkie in the equation.

My greatest moment of serendipity has to be when Jess, a hospitality senior in TP, walked out of the lift as we were entering to check into our hotel yesterday. The world is indeed a small one, and the hospitality circle is indeed pretty darn entwined! Off to the shower!

No comments: