Sunday, July 05, 2009

Easy breezy.

Easy breezy.

I was initially a tad bummed when NTU issued me a work quarantine despite me choosing Indonesia over Perth, but the mandatory week off from the office has allowed me the breezy pleasures of lazy weekdays I didn't know I missed. There is some naughty delight in going to bed on a Tuesday knowing that I had the entire afternoon ahead to do as I would please. And for the first time in awhile, I could set a dinner date without fearing work would keep me back.




So there you have it - a visit by a childhood friend, digging into a tub of ice cream by the bay with newly bought spoons, a morning walk up the hill, a rowdy dinner with the girls where we initiated K's sis into the club, strolling up and down the grocery aisles at one in the morning, brunch with a friend I haven't seen in two years, and mussels, frites and beer by the river with my near and dear.

It's back to work for two weeks come tomorrow before we head to Hong Kong to pay Jinli a house visit. Just as well, for another easy week would whip the magic out of this. ;)

No comments: