Sunday, April 12, 2009

Weekends in print.
music: ingrid michaelson ft. jason mraz - you and i (live)






dinner at eil's. thai chicken salad. prawn pesto tagliatelle. flourless chocolate cupcakes. grey goose cocktails. floating on our backs. goodbyes. rainy days. good friday indoors. chick flicks and a surprise striptease. seafood cream angel hair pasta. shrunken lemon curd tarts. klee. raspberry mojito. spruce burger. the worst lemon meringe pie in history.

Hello again. I momentarily forgot all about indulging my inner-narcissist and the next thing I know, two weekends have zipped by. They've been good though - a healthy mix of swirling activities and lazy me-time. Work's eased off a tad and I've been working on reconnecting with weeknights which are now mine again. This inevitably means surfing travel sites, which explains my impromptu tickets to Perth. Finally I'm going downunder! I'm totally psyched! Fremantle, Swan Valley, Margaret River... ooh don't get me started.

Early this week, I said goodbye to the pool I've spent so many days of my youth at. Soaking up the sun, learning how to plunge, practising a very dismal dolphin style, talking about love and life between laps... I'm thankful CH's left the condo only to move into another apartment in our neighborhood. Good Friday was spent in good shelter with the rain pouring outside, slurping seafood pasta and drinking yummy (now I don't use this often for wine) Moscato, chomping down on ruined lemon curd tarts and garlic chips, doubling over with laughter at Olive's totally unexpected striptease in Little Miss Sunshine and cooing at the sappy scenes in The Lake House.

I finally got to check out Klee last night as well, after a day of morning yoga and brunch with my folks. It was closed for a private event E had an invite too, so I got to sip my drink it a relatively empty bar with no hints of the maddening queues I've read about. A raspberry mojito and a whiskey sour later, an impromptu visit to a suddenly booming Spruce and my insistence that we wait for a table had us seated near the back of house. It was a cool night, and all the better to chomp down on our burgers messily I say. The Spruce Burger wasn't as good as I remembered it to be, but aren't most things? It was too late to feed my tiramisu craving when we finally got to the darkened shopfront of Da Paolo Gastronomia, so we ended up settling at a cafe for a dessert platter and the worst lemon meringue pie EVER. We could taste sugar granules and a hint of the ocean in the filling. Seriously fishy, but all in good fun. It reminded me of the time we were in a teahouse that was a supposed institution in Mumbai and ordered drinks that tasted like drain water.

Skimped out on bits and pieces here, but it sounds like two well-spent weekends no?

No comments: