Sunday, January 11, 2009

Embracing what's mine.

Embracing what's mine.

I'm just done watching Smiling Pasta for the second time, and I haven't been this caught up in an idol drama since 2001 (I was an unwilling victim of the Meteor Garden fever). Apart from the melodrama and "awww" factor which I admit had me hooked, what also captivated me was how similar the female lead's family was to mine. Watching the drama tangibilized the parallels and made me realize just how fortunate I am.

Okay, so my family neither owns a pasta shop nor do they cheer me on with pompoms as I run a marathon (thank God); but just like in the drama, helping me out is always a family affair.

For example, a wardrobe crisis early last week had me running to G2000 on Monday night and returning home with three pairs of unaltered pants. Early Tuesday morning, my aunt was asking if I wanted her to bring them to the tailor, my sis was whipping out her pair of fabric scissors, and my mom had her reading glasses on, all ready to sew.

I've been in and out of this house for the past 22 years, but I've only truly begun to understand and appreciate the true meaning of a home.

It's where I can always return to, after fun, heartache, or a jaunt across the globe.
Where the light is always left on for me when I stay out late, and the doors are always open.
Where I am never judged, and the best is always thought of me.
Where differences always ironed out, and grudges never last.

This Chinese New Year, the one thing I am truly thankful of and the one thing I can truly embrace, is their unconditional love.

How about you?

No comments: