Thursday, November 27, 2008

Upon a falling star.

Upon a falling star.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve does not equate to my life being an open book.

It was the end of a whirlwind fairytale, and though bittersweet, the timely parting crystallized the surreal beauty of what we shared. Logic couldn’t fully cushion the sense of loss however, and as much as I hate admitting it, sometimes I do need rescuing.

So E and I sat by the waters sipping bottled potion. Fuelled by alcohol and/or relief, I was at my giggly best. As the late night slipped into early dawn, I could not help thinking that it felt a lot like that very night in Palolem. That itself was an oddly comforting sort of closure.

And as if by nature’s magic, the cloudy skies parted when we finally made our way back to the car to reveal the twinkling stars.

Me: Look up, stars!
E: Woah.

With our heads turned to the sky, we contemplated an Indian sight I don’t think we realized we missed till then, and were promptly stumped by an enormous shooting star blazing across the sky.

Me: Oh my god!
E: Oh my god!
Both: Make a wish, make a wish!
-silence-
E: Eh, wish what?!?!

It doesn’t quite matter what we each wished for. I made a wish upon a falling star on a wintry Indian night in January, and it came true. Seeing the shooting star again was to me a secret conspiracy between the universe and I.

On an entirely separate note, the exams are finally over! I met Jane for a tête-à-tête right after my paper, and though it was awesome to have one of my best friends back for the holidays, I was almost falling facedown into my salad due to the accumulated sleep debt.

Seven hours last night barely made a dent in my debt, and judging from the rest of the girls on our JB day-trip today, I wasn’t alone. Despite the many instances where we monopolized benches and just about every other sitting surface, it was a great trip best left to the pictures (Thanks Jinli!).








:)

So, where next?

picture from thescarlette.livejournal.com

No comments: