Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Birdsong makes me think of tropical rainforests.

Birdsong makes me think of tropical rainforests.

The wonderful thing about life is that it never always sucks. Some days, the dark clouds hanging overhead make you want to snuggle up and hide in bed all day. Some days however, you are so bright and cheery that even the dark clouds outside can’t put a damper on your mood.

Today’s one of those days. Despite the clear blue evening skies, rumbling thunder and pouring rains have the neighborhood birds flying helter-skelter. But I’m still chipper.

I heard birdsong in the trees as I walked the shaded pathway towards the train station this morning, and it made me think of waking up in a cabin in a rainforest. I think that brief but pretty daydream set the tone for my day, as did my lunch rendezvous with B.

And now, the rains have eased in time for me to leave for tonight’s Madagascar 2 premiere. That’s the perk when one of your best friends works in the cinema industry, heh.

La vie est bonne. ;)

No comments: