Saturday, November 01, 2008

Deadlines and boys in pinafores.

Deadlines and boys in pinafores.

Yesterday marked the last of my internship interviews, but as part of the suitability test, I had to churn out a short restaurant review and submit it at 9 a.m. today. I haven't been checking out new nosh places since returning from my travels, preferring to stick to old favourites like Cedele and good old prata joints. Those aren’t places the magazine would want to feature, so I was in a bit of a fix trying to find one I could head to for dinner without busting my budget.

Thankfully Jem was a good sport about altering our Ice Cold Beer plans, so we headed down to Kinara at Holland Village where I’d already visited for Daph’s birthday lunch on Monday. I think I churned out a pretty passable piece on time, so I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed until the editor reverts.

We didn’t compromise our beers though, and we sat and talked the night away at this Spanish tapas bar right across Wala-Wala. Bumped into an ex-colleague from Sentosa, which was a nice surprise, as was Ceci's impromptu decision to join us.

It was Halloween, so we had the random witch and devil strolling past our alfresco table, along with way too many boys dressed in pinafores. Was there a cross-dress theme party somewhere I don’t know of?

All the drinking and word crunching left me pooped, and I only managed to crawl out of bed at noon today. Took a lot of willpower to force myself to get on my yoga mat. My hamstrings have been extra tight since I started running, and I think Sunday’s 10km run pretty much knotted the rest of my leg muscles. All the yoga poses have been a pain, but my ego just wouldn’t let me accept the fact that I am not as flexible as I used to be under Sunil’s tutelage.

I haven’t seen any vast improvements since my first session on Tuesday morning, but I’m hopeful that the grueling mat work would pay off. All the stretching, though a torture, effectively unknots the muscles in my shoulders and back, so no complaints. No thanks to me being a slave to my Macbook.

Off to the showers, and out for an afternoon cuppa with Shaun. Been a long while since we caught up!

No comments: