Thursday, June 05, 2008

Blogging from the other side of the globe.

Blogging from the other side of the globe.
feeling: jet lagged

Deep breathing and sitcom distractions only did so much to ease the "what the hell am I doing" thoughts that surfaced in-between snatches of interrupted sleep. Already semi-unnerved by my first solo flight, and a 14-hour long one at that, I was consumed by doubts as the plane touched down at Paris' Charles de Gaulle International Airport.

"I must be crazy to have flown halfway around the world for this."
"What if things are awkward, of if we just don't feel the same anymore?"

I navigated through the thankfully-tourist friendly instructions, fought the impatient hyenas at the baggage line, and got stopped at customs twice, before wheeling my bulky trolley out of the arrival hall and scanning the early-morning crowd for B.

I spotted a familiar splash of red and navy blue stripes among the faceless strangers, and without much drama or fanfare, I was in his arms.

The first kiss was a little apprehensive, but a matter of minutes was all it took to feel like we had never been apart.

So here I am, just unpacked and extremely sleepy. Time for a shower and a nap before exploring the city and having dinner with B tonight. I'll be flying solo tomorrow while he's at work, so cross your fingers for me as the French seem like an intimidating bunch!

P.s. Thanks y'all for sending me off last night, for the thoughts and the food you gave me to take on board. Your presence made all the difference, and helped tame my jittery nerves!

No comments: