Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yesterday.

Yesterday.
music: jack johnson - cocoon

I was rummaging through my wardrobe in search of a brush (you wouldn't want to know what kind, right Jinli?) when I chanced upon the stash of cards I'd received on my 21st birthday. And so for some time I sat, wedged in the tiny space between my wardrobe and the bed, reliving yesteryear through the heartfelt scribblings and well-wishes.

P9280042.jpgP9280022.jpg55.jpg
P8190212.jpgPB027279.jpgP7214064.jpg

I laughed out a couple of times, especially when reading my bitch's card. Others had me going "aww" as well, like Kenrick's Christmas cum farewell photo collage. I didn't realize just how many pictures we had taken together over the years!

Anyway, it's been a series of laugh-out-loud moments over MSN these two nights.

Scenario #1

Me: Babe, I don't know if I'll have internet access in Shanghai, so sms me your birthday plan.
Ceci: Okay. Your Indian number?
Me: I'm going to SHANGHAI!

Scenario #2

Jane: Babe I just added you as a friend on Facebook.
Me: Finally, one year later than everybody when it comes to technology as usual!
Jane: Add me back. I'm new on Facebook and I feel so lonely with no friends!
Me: LOL.

And last night, I once again attempted to say something to Berty in French, but it turned out quite differently from what I thought I was saying. LOL. I'll spare you the details, but let's just say it'll be some time before I confuse 'cow' with 'fat'!

The past few days have been a change in pace. I finally got to run the errands I'd meant to but never got around to getting done, and I finally sat down to a good discussion with my business partner. I'll keep this part under wraps for now, at least until the project's properly underway.

I'm off to email B, and then to bed hopefully by 2 a.m. It's shopping for sneakers with Lanxi tomorrow, shopping with CH on Friday, tea at Marmalade Pantry with Ceci on Saturday, and the Mount Faber walk and Botak Jones with my ex-colleagues on Sunday.

I feel so much less frazzled now that my schedule's all planned out. I know, it's the Monica in me talking again. Haha. Good night world.

P.s. If you haven't already heard, Cashmere Mafia is the new Sex and the City! I don't care if they're gonna can the season, it's awesome. I'd put it on the tv-drama pedestal, but it's already overcrowded with Grey's Anatomy and Gossip Girl. ;)

No comments: