Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Gossip Monday.

Gossip Monday.



There are some friends with whom you don't speak with on a regular basis, but when you do finally meet for a much needed catch-up session, you end up having so much to fill each other in that there is hardly time to pause for breath. Yesterday was such a night, and Flora and I took our chatter from dinner to coffee, and when Gloria Jeans cleared out, we continued yakking away at the MRT station till the last train. This would probably be our last session till she returns from Korea in December. That gives us about seven months to store up on material for our next session.



On a different note, my mom saw the photo Erwin took of me shopping at a street stall in Mumbai. Amidst complaining about the cut-throat prices the vendors usually quoted, I ended up telling her about my successful bargains. My mom is not someone who's easily impressed, but she actually went "wow" when I told her of how I ended up paying 150 rupees for a pair of sunglasses in Delhi, down from the initial quote of 600 rupees. That's about S$20 to S$5. See, at least I acquired a valuable life skill from navigating the various flea markets on my Asian travels! Let's see if I'll find equal success in Europe.

It's Chrystal's birthday bash at spaboutique tonight. Can't wait to catch up with the CS peeps I haven't seen since I left!

No comments: