Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Rewriting Redang.

Rewriting Redang.

I spent an overcast afternoon holed up in Pacific Coffee, relishing my mental focus yet desperately wishing they wouldn't work the air-conditioner so hard. It was productive though - I completed my Redang rewrite, and am about a quarter through my story as well.

I've never quite understood how chick lit writers, or any writer for that matter, got around to writing hundreds of pages or words that all revolved around a central theme. Writing anything above 2000 words is new to me, but I am rather enjoying the process. The plot's vaguely in my mind, but seeing the ambiguity transformed into words gives me both the joy of an author and a reader.

I am tempted to get back to it, but I need a shower. On a different note, here are a couple more Redang snapshots I got off Flora's collection.






FYI, photography wasn't allowed in the More More Tea shop, but Daph braved the risks to bring you this shot.

No comments: