Friday, July 06, 2007

The Training Diaries - Run One.

The Training Diaries - Run One.

The run's barely two months away, and seeing how our schedules for the next couple of weeks seem to be packed with camps and trips away, Lanxi and I hit the beach yesterday for a headstart on our training runs.

It's been at least a couple of months since we last ran together along Sentosa's beaches, and we altered our usual route a little and went all the way to the end of Tanjong Beach. The good thing about running along Sentosa's beaches is that you don't have to continuously dodge people; and of course there's none of what I call 'car ass exhaust', unlike running along main roads.

I'd like to think we would have completed all 6 km, if not for the sudden downpour that had us running for shelter and catching the beach tram to the changing room. You would think the rain shouldn't have made a difference seeing how we were already drenched in sweat, but having the winds blow blinding raindrops that threatened to dismantle our eyesockets did. Haha. This is how we looked like drenched in sweat and rain.



I did a calculation on the jogging distance calculator on streetdirectory.com (yes there is such a thing) and we ran a rough estimate of 4.2km. Not too bad, though I wouldn't have thought Siloso beach was 1.8km long.

Well, as fate would have it, the rain turned out to be a passing cloud. Just as well we brought our bikinis.



This lone rock made for an excellent substitute laundry stand. Pretty uncool, but it beat having to lug around smelly workout wear. Clothes drying beneath a coconut tree - now if only they were drying beneath a coconut tree that was just outside our beach shack in Koh Phangan.





A recapture of a similar shot we took last year I think. Till the next run!

Nothing quite beats stretching knotted limbs in cool waters after a morning slaving over the oven, but I had a bit of a boo-boo after the relaxing swim with CH when my second batch of cupcakes flopped. This new batch's turned out okay, but I really wish I had better control over my temper. I know I look pretty tame, but there's a chilli padi inside. A fiery thing I try to contain, but it's proving a bit tough of late when faced with my recent grouch fest.

I'll leave the pondering of reasons till later. Off I go to ice those cakes.

No comments: