Thursday, August 12, 2010

I pulled a Merlion last night.

image from inmagine.com

After a long weekend of feasting, I returned to work yesterday only to have a Nepalese-Indian lunch after our shoot, and a five-course European dinner tasting at night. Both meals were very, very enjoyable and while I didn't roll back feeling as ill as I did after Sunday's dinner, I found myself springing awake at 3.30am, overcome with nausea. 

If there's one thing I detest the most in this world, it's barfing. This is coming from someone who would rather spend a week fighting nausea in India than to actually hug a toilet bowl and get down to it. So I held it in for an hour in the dark, but just as I thought the breathing exercises were working, a jolt of acid shot up my chest and I was soon at the mercy of my first barf in six years.

It was gross. So, so gross. Serves me right.

No comments: