Friday, July 23, 2010

Perspectives.






















Exactly a week ago, I was sipping on a glass of wine with the sound of crashing waves in the background. Today, I'm home exceptionally early on a Friday with a stack of ozalids waiting to be proofread by morning. The contrast is fascinating - life certainly takes us places doesn't it? :)

It's been awhile since I had a small pocket of time to reflect back on the days gone by, and it seems like a lot has happened in the past few weeks. There's been a couple of rough patches on the personal front, but I do believe that the best way to live is to let the bad things go, and I think I've bumped my way through just fine.

Life on the work front's busy, as is the usual, but very exciting too with lots of new happenings. I remember my days as a communications intern at Sentosa when I had to constantly call writers up to chase for their RSVPs, and telling myself that I would never do that to someone else when I'm on the other side of the fence. Fast forward five years and I have become exactly that sort of writer. I always tell myself I'll try to sort my schedule out to see if I can fit the event in, only to forget about it entirely when work piles up.

Talk about ironic! But I'm trying to rectify that.

For now, it's TGIF (for a little bit) and back to work. :)

No comments: