Sunday, October 18, 2009

Riding Poppy.

Riding Poppy.

Today, I tore the plastic wrap off my candyfloss pink bicycle and christened it Poppy. There's something wonderfully hippie-ish about candy-colored bicycles, especially one that comes with a basket, and Poppy makes me think of riding aimlessly along fields of wildflowers with the wind in my hair.


image from inmagine.com

Turns out that the refresher course I needed didn't take that long, even though Poppy had a mind of her own at the beginning. I made P let go after awhile and I was soon riding in happy circles around the empty carpark. I'm still a little shaky and Poppy seems to favour freewheeling towards pillars, but we're all injury-free and I'm a step closer to that wildflower daydream.

It's been an emotionally draining weekend, but having the wind in my hair and the brief feeling of freedom put the smile right back on my face. I can't wait for our next bike date!

No comments: